Larch and Kingfishers Classes

My 2012 at Mountbatten Centre

On Friday, we spent a wet but superb day at the Mountbatten Centre in Portsmouth. We paraded around the track in the Opening Ceremony. We really stood out in our green ‘My 2012’ t-shirts, they looked fantastic. We waved to all the Very Important People standing in the viewing balcony. After we had paraded, each continent (ours being Australasia) performed their dance. Ours was a rain dance. It was so effective that began to pour it down with rain even before the ceremony! When the ceremony had finished, it was soon time for us to compete in our ‘New Age Curling’ tournament. We competed against other athletes from Blackmoor Primary, Liphook Junior, and Treloars College. We showed determination, teamwork, respect and achieved being the best we could be. After our tournament, we watched the Javelin competition and some of the Relay races before it was time for us to return to school. We were so proud to receive our medals! One of the children said – “This is the best day of my life!” . It certainly was a day we will all remember forever.

Here are some of our memories.

1 Comment »

1. Jacky Blackmore Said,

July 9, 2012@ 11:26 am      Reply

I can see from the photos that you had a terrific time at The Mountbatten Centre and you had obviously got to grips with New Age Curling!

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI